“Our major growth market for 2012 will be in the Americas via our distributor, Ground Force Manufacturing (GFM). GFM is a CAT OEM solutions provider and works with the CAT dealership network worldwide. GFM have recently produced solid sales performance with the Hydrau-Flo® product and this is expected to continue to improve. Headquartered in Post Falls, Idaho, Ground Force Manufacturing, a premier (OEM) for Caterpillar has been designing and building mine support equipment for over 25 years. GFM’s speciality is fuel and lube trucks for the mining industry. Hydrau-Flo® fuel filling valves will enable Ground Force to offer its customer network a complete refueling package.
New growth opportunities have arisen as stringent SAFETY and ENVIRONMENTAL issues have driven companies to search for technologies that provide a solution to their refueling operations. The Hydrau-Flo® fuel filling system is a PROVEN product with THOUSANDS of INSTALLATIONS WORLDWIDE. The flexible installation packages enable Hydrau-Flo® valves to be utilized in a variety of applications.
The Hydrau-Flo® range of fuel filling valves and adaptors has enjoyed exceptional sales growth during 2011. This result was possible due to the efforts of the dedicated team at Weir Minerals Multiflo and our long standing professional relationships with our distributor network.”
- Released by Hydrau-Flo Product Manager, Weir Minerals Australia
The Hydrau-Flo® valve system is a safer, cleaner and more reliable fuel filling valve arrangement which removes the risk of overfilling, spillage and tank rupture while minimizing safety and environmental hazards associated with fuel transfer.
Using conventional systems, overfilling, spillage and tank rupture can be common occurrences. At 265 gal. per minute, every second of spillage equates to more than 4 gallons of diesel wasted and released into the environment while the cost to repair or replace ruptured fuel tanks is significant in terms of materials, labor and equipment down time.
For more information regarding Hydra-Flo contact:
Allied Product Sales Dept.
- Flows up to 265 gal/min
- Fully mechanical design integrated with hydraulic principles
- Eliminates blockage and electronics failure
- Cannot be over-ridden
- Reduces costs associated with fuel wastage
Hydrau-Flo® valve system:
- prevents overfilling
- prevents fuel spillage and wastage
- is industry’s current best practice in refueling
- removes the risk of tank rupture due to pressure build up during and after filling
- minimizes the risk of fire as a result of fuel spillage
- reduces costs associated with fuel wastage and equipment damage
- significantly improves safety and environmental outcomes
The main features of Hydrau-Flo® (HF) compared to the competition:
- HF is a genuine fast filling valve that delivers higher flow rates than the competition (the competition claim 150 gpm max through the valve, we believe this to be closer to 92 gpm – 105 gpm based on the orifice);
- HF comes with an 18 month warranty compared with 12 months for the competition;
- HF has fuel surge protection for machinery on the move- this creates a positive seal against fuel trying to escape to atmosphere. The competitive system does not contain this feature;
- HF contains roll over protection (same features as fuel anti surge) which in a machine roll over or inclination will stop fuel escaping from the tank. The competitive system does not contain this feature;
- HF is robust and durable. The competition is made from plastic which does not match the quality offering by CAT;
- HF is universal- it works with Banlaw, Wiggins and Fast Fill nozzles;
- HF can be configured for internal or external pilot lines, providing a much broader scope for installation, the competition is only internally piloted;
- HF does not need a tiny bleed hole to dissipate pilot line fuel once shut off occurs. The competition’s system uses this feature and should that tiny hole become blocked, hydraulic lock will occur meaning the fuel tank cannot be refilled until the system is repaired;
- HF has a superior surface area for air to vent to atmosphere. The competition uses a diaphragm at the float control valve opposed by a light spring. If the system fails, fuel is easily directed to atmosphere
- The competition’s system, both the fuel filling valve and float control valves use diaphragms as the piston mechanism. HF uses a stainless steel piston and teflon seal ring- excellent for extreme temperatures;
- HF uses anti surge tanks on known assets where fuel surge is significant (enough to easily defeat the competition’s system and cause a spill) and the anti surge tanks are integrated with the HF kit design IE 992G;
- HF can be used with dual filling arrangements, multiple tank configurations and unique installations which the competition cannot easily accommodate due to the internal pilot line limitation.
- HF’s configurability with internal or external pilot lines comes without added expense.